<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0756520969\46blogName\75Coloursknits\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/\46vt\0756875636607427448577', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=11913980&amp;blogName=Coloursknits+Gallery&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=TAN&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2Fsearch&amp;blogLocale=en_US&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="30px" width="100%" id="navbar-iframe" allowtransparency="true" title="Blogger Navigation and Search"></iframe> <div></div>

Friday, January 20, 2006

Cotton Candy



Ta! Ta! I finished my ruffle scart last nite. I'm loving it. I felt like I'm wearing a string on cotton candy around my neck. Do you think it is overly done? This is probably one of the most girly thing I've made.

Pattern : Puppyarn Company - Let's Knit Series Autumn & Winter 2004-2005
Yarn : 21/4 ball of Kid Merino in Blush
Needles : size 4 crochet hook



I highly recommend kid merino if you like to make a ruffle scarf youself. It is so soft and doesn't itch at all when you wrap it around your neck. Kid merino comes in many yummy colors and they even have the printed version if you like them. I honestly think it's worth a try, consider this lace weight yarn cost only half the price of ksh.



Anyways, I just stumbled across a very cute capelet in garnstudio free pattern site. I'm ithching to cast on another new project. Well, I know I'm not suppose to, since I still have a few unfinish projects lying around. But who cares huh? There's no knitting police and I don't think anyone is going to give me a ticket for having too many projects. Have a great weekend and happy knitting.

28 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

That is so pretty! I love it!!

January 20, 2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger The Crafty Weasel said...

Ohh so gorgeous!!! I see where you get the candy idea but I think that's one of the reasons why it's georgeous!

January 20, 2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

It’s gorgeous!! I don’t think it’s overly done at all. It looks great with a simple, clean-cut top like the one you are wearing.

January 20, 2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

So lovely! And I agree with caitlyn, it looks great the way you are wearing it.

January 20, 2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger Delia said...

That scarf is amazing!

C'est La Vie, start the caplet!

January 20, 2006 1:49 PM  
Anonymous grumperina said...

It's just gorgeous! So serene and flirty, I hope you enjoy wearing it!

January 20, 2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Beautiful, stunning, gorgeous--you did a great job! Love it.

January 20, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Areli said...

Oh! I love it! It turned out so pretty! So feminine and pink and ruffly, it's perfect. I am glad to hear it isn't itchy, now you can get lots of wear out of it.

January 20, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger eastern white said...

oh my goodness, this is by far the most gorgeous scarf!! you take beautiful photos.

January 20, 2006 3:28 PM  
Anonymous erin said...

It looks so light and pretty. That's also a pretty T that you are wearing. I would love to knit something with raglen sleeves and a scoop neckline like that.

January 20, 2006 3:30 PM  
Anonymous yuki said...

The scarf looks so lovely and delicate! I recently found your site and have enjoyed looking through it. Your photos are especially beautiful. I'll be back often!

January 20, 2006 3:48 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

That's gorgeous! It reminds me of a more elegant version of a feather boa.

January 20, 2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger jacqueline said...

oh absolutely gorgeous!

cast on cast on i say!

January 20, 2006 4:52 PM  
Anonymous heather said...

Spectacular! Stunning. It's not overly done at all, it's gorgeous!

January 20, 2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger knottyknitpicks said...

another beautifully knited creation!!! wonderful!

January 21, 2006 12:39 AM  
Anonymous Elli said...

I love it! It looks fabulous and your photography is so peaceful. It makes me wish I could crochet :)

January 21, 2006 5:40 AM  
Anonymous li said...

i love that scarf. i want that scarf.

January 21, 2006 7:35 AM  
Blogger HazelNutcluster said...

How beautiful. I love soft pink. Definitely not overdone and sometimes we need something a bit 'girly'.

January 21, 2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Venus said...

Love your ruffle scarf! It's the perfect amount of femininity. I know what you mean about kid merino! I've made a scarf with the stuff too.

January 21, 2006 7:12 PM  
Blogger The Crafty Otter said...

I think it's girly-perfect. I'm not a 'girly' person, but when I saw this on the curly wurly blog, it literally made me exclaim with glee. It is such a perfect example of its 'type'.

January 22, 2006 12:37 AM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

It's beautiful! It looks as if your're wearing cherry blossoms....... http://www.cherenson.com/images/press_kits/cherryBlossoms/Cherry-Blossom-2.jpg

January 22, 2006 5:18 AM  
Blogger yuvee said...

It's so sweet!!!
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!
Did I make myself clear? it's gorgeous!

January 22, 2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

It is so pretty, what a beautiful job. It really does look like cotton candy.

January 23, 2006 8:30 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

I just saw your cotton candy ruffle scarf and it's the most gorgeous one I've seen yet! Thank you for sharing.

January 24, 2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

It looks gorgeous on you! I am sure you are wearing your ruffle scarf proudly and receiving many compliments!

January 24, 2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger Purse_Ho said...

this is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! i wish i could crochet so i could do this!!

January 27, 2006 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the Remarkable Vanessa
(whose every project is a joy to behold)~
I've admired this so often it's become an obsession. I've a relatively novice crocheter, and
have made far too many scarves, including dozens of "whirly" patterns. I've searched everywhere for this one, but nothing comes close. The pattern book you cite is available only on Amazon Japan...for over $60. Gotten close to madness, but reigned in by the language barrier (thank goodness!) Is there ANY way, ANY place to purchase this single pattern? Many thanks for the sheer pleasure of seeing your work.

October 03, 2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger papayagirl said...

oh my......deeeeelightful....

I've been researching ruffle scarves for 3 days and this one is the most beautiful by far!

I, too, have been searching high and lo for the pattern but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

September 22, 2008 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home