<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0756520969\46blogName\75Coloursknits\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/\46vt\0756875636607427448577', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=11913980&amp;blogName=Coloursknits+Gallery&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=TAN&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2Fsearch&amp;blogLocale=en_US&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="30px" width="100%" id="navbar-iframe" allowtransparency="true" title="Blogger Navigation and Search"></iframe> <div></div>

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another Pink FO

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my linen bag, everyone! I'm so flattered. Frankly, the bag look so much better in the pictures than in person. If you look closer, you'll be able to spot all those crooked sticthes. Anyways, thanks again for all your heart felt comments.



Pattern : Green Gable from Zephyr Style
Yarn : 2 Skeins of Cotton Fleece in Peek-A-Boo Pink
Needle : 4.5mm and 5mm Addi Turbo Circular
Size: Small for 34"
Cost for this project: $20



Yes, finally an FO. I hope you're not tired of seeing another pink project. I have to admit I have a thing for pink lately. Overall, this top turned out not bad, I think. It came out a wee bit smaller than I thought, but I'm hoping the tension will ease up a little once I take it for a quick wash. Now I'm thinking to sew a matching skirt for the top. Anyways, If you're still looking for a quick project for summer. Green Gable is definitely a great choice. The pattern is super easy to follow. It does not require much yarn. All you need is an hour or two a day and you'll have an FO in about a week.

21 Comments:

Blogger knitties said...

It looks great, Van and pink is so pretty! I'm hoping to cast-on this project soon :) I've been waiting until I've made suitable progress on my Trinity KAL and I've just finished all the pieces. Yay!

May 02, 2006 10:12 AM  
Anonymous caitlyn said...

Vanessa, it looks wonderful on you! The color is beautiful. Great job!

May 02, 2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Ooo, yours looks great! I bought the pattern a couple of weeks ago and just need to finish my Jaywalkers, get a couple of needles, and the yarn, and I will have a Green gable, too! I love how you included the cost to make it. I had never thought to do that and when I first started knitting, I mistakenly thought things could be knit up far cheaper than if purchased. Was I naive.

May 02, 2006 10:27 AM  
Anonymous grumperina said...

Beautiful, and fits you so well! I'm not tired of the pink - keep it coming :).

May 02, 2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

So cute! And you don't have too many pink projects ;-)

May 02, 2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Areli said...

Your top looks great! I love coming here and seeing all the pink, so pretty. My yarn just came today for Green Gable, I am so excited!!

May 02, 2006 11:37 AM  
Blogger gray la gran said...

love your pink gables! the fit looks great too.

May 02, 2006 11:56 AM  
Anonymous yuki said...

So lovely! The fitted shape and the openwork at the top makes this top so sweet and feminine. And the pink color only enhances the design. Do you feel like you're out of your knitting slump now? :)

May 02, 2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger amy said...

love the pink and what a perfect summer top!

May 02, 2006 4:23 PM  
Anonymous heather said...

I can't believe how fast you whipped that out! Wow!
It is really, really, pretty Vanessa. I'm loving the pink! If you make a skirt to match that would just be fabulous.

May 02, 2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger Doreen said...

Wow Van, this is real fast. It looks terrific too.

May 02, 2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I love that color and the fit is perfect

May 02, 2006 7:36 PM  
Anonymous erin said...

It's such a pretty pink top and the fit looks fine. Hope the pretty pink lifted you out of the knitting slump.

May 02, 2006 7:54 PM  
Blogger mona said...

Absolutely gorgeous and suits you to a T

May 02, 2006 8:13 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

i never get enough pink. it looks so beautiful on you. the fit is very flattering.

May 02, 2006 10:13 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Wow that was super fast and how cute and charming it looks on you!
I am thinking that it's better to have a snug fit for cotton tops. I've notice that my knitted cotton tops are all stretching out and looking loose.

May 03, 2006 12:46 AM  
Anonymous blossom said...

so cute!!! and it is so nice to have a quick and satisfying project, isn't it!

May 03, 2006 5:32 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

That looks so cute! I'm really thinking I need to knit that pattern. Can't believe you can make it with just 2 skeins of Cotton Fleece! I'm a sucker for a inexpensive knit. Completely agree with Mimi too about the fit.

May 03, 2006 8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything pink is great, in my opinion. And the pattern is a winner. Congrats, it's awesome, even the fit!

- MJ

May 03, 2006 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Elli said...

It looks lovely on you! Is the cotton fleece very warm?

May 03, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Charisse said...

I love Love love your blod and Because of you I bought the green gables pattern. Thank you so much.
Happy Knitting

May 03, 2006 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home