<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0756520969\46blogName\75Coloursknits\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/\46vt\0756875636607427448577', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=11913980&amp;blogName=Coloursknits+Gallery&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=TAN&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2Fsearch&amp;blogLocale=en_US&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="30px" width="100%" id="navbar-iframe" allowtransparency="true" title="Blogger Navigation and Search"></iframe> <div></div>

Monday, May 22, 2006

il picovoli è rifinito

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pattern : Picovoli, by Grumperina
Yarn : 5 balls of Cathay in Old Rose
Needle : 4mm Addi Turbo circular
Cost for this project: $38
Completed : Summer 2006

Picovoli is done! I finished sewing the picots edging on friday night but it has taken awhile to dry from blocking. I had planned to take pictures yesterday but it started raining on and off all day. Anyways, here it is. I really like the way it fits. I wore it to work today and got some really nice compliments from my co-worker. Thanks to Grumperina's flawless design. Maybe a non-picot version next time. Not sure if I will use cathay again though. It's so splitty!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And, finally, as confirmation to my multi-project self, I cast on for the Diamond Fantasy shawl with this.

23 Comments:

Blogger mona said...

Your picovali is lovely. the colour suits you and it's just in time for spring/summer.

what needle size Are you suing wiht y our shawl? I used 3.75mm and it was too small for the fingering weight I had.

May 22, 2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger joujouka said...

It looks lovely on you ! I love the color which you choose :>

May 22, 2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger knitties said...

Very pretty! Oh, I'm really in love with this shawl pattern... if I wasn't in a lace-phobic stage, I would definitely knit it too :)

May 23, 2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Hey, wait for me! ;D
Love your picovoli, pink suits you really well ;)

May 23, 2006 1:19 AM  
Anonymous erin said...

Your picovoli is so pretty in this vintage rose colour.

May 23, 2006 3:23 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

What a beautiful tank! Such a nice fit and a beautiful color choice. This has been on my list for sometime... maybe I should break down and make it! ;) (Love the little pin too!)

May 23, 2006 4:52 AM  
Blogger Zarah said...

Your Picovoli looks really great on you! Do the picots curl? I have to iron the heck out of my plain-edged one to make it lay flat.

May 23, 2006 5:07 AM  
Anonymous heather said...

Gorgeous! I agree, pink is your color.

I have had that diamond fantasy pattern for a long time now, it is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see yours finished. I LOVE the color you are using.

May 23, 2006 5:42 AM  
Blogger Delia said...

You aren't kidding about the splitty-ness of the Cathay - I've been making the A-Line jacket and have stop repeatedly to untangle the strands.

May 23, 2006 7:27 AM  
Blogger goldtop said...

very pretty... :)

May 23, 2006 7:30 AM  
Anonymous caitlyn said...

It looks fabulous on you!
I agree with you about Cathay -- while it has a nice sheen, it's rather splitty!

May 23, 2006 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Very pretty and I love that flower!

May 23, 2006 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your picovoli is the prettiest I've seen so far. Really nice color.

May 23, 2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger Areli said...

Oh Vanessa, your Picovoli is so pretty. The color is lovely and the flower is a perfect touch.

May 23, 2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger *karen said...

You have such an eye for detail to add the flower to that top. I think that one little touch sets it apart.

May 23, 2006 2:03 PM  
Anonymous grumperina said...

You look so lovely in it! I'm so happy to hear that you like it, and that it fits :). Would you like me to include it in the gallery?

May 23, 2006 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Dipsy D. said...

Hi from Austria! I can't believe how gorgeous your Picovoli is, you did such an amazing job with it, and it suits you so fine!

May 24, 2006 2:28 AM  
Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

It looks lovely and I love the new shawl. Can I ask where you found the pattern?

May 24, 2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

Picovoli looks lovely! very flattering fit, adorable little flower. your knits are always impeccable.

May 24, 2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Very lovely and sweet!!!

May 24, 2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Your new Picovoli with the flower pin is lovely and fits you perfectly. Now, i am in mood for something in pink!

May 24, 2006 6:02 PM  
Anonymous Eve said...

That's the most beautiful picovoli I've ever seen.

May 25, 2006 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Dacia Ray said...

Wow-ee - that's beautiful! Well done. :) The shawl is lookg very pretty and dainty.

May 25, 2006 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home