<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0756520969\46blogName\75Coloursknits\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/\46vt\0756875636607427448577', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=11913980&amp;blogName=Coloursknits+Gallery&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=TAN&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2Fsearch&amp;blogLocale=en_US&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="30px" width="100%" id="navbar-iframe" allowtransparency="true" title="Blogger Navigation and Search"></iframe> <div></div>

Thursday, May 04, 2006

That Simple White Shirt

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my pink gable. If you plan on knitting this top, I wish you'll enjoy the pattern as much as I do.

I saw this really cute white eyelet top in Anthropologie couple weeks ago that I really really wanted to take home. But you know, as much as I love their stuff, I'm seriously not going to pay $90 for a white shirt. So I walked out of the store empty handed. Well...you can call me cheap but I would rather spend those money on yarn. I used to spend lots of money on clothes and shoes but not anymore. Anyways, I've been thinking about that white shirt a lot. I don't know why it fascinate me so much, it's just a white shirt after all. Yesterday, I went to their site and was hoping I can catch a glimpse of it. Unfortunately, it wasn't there anymore. I googled and found a few from N. Marcus that look similar to the design.


It's kinda preppy but it's very chic.


Nice ensemble, love the skirt too.


This is one of my favourite.


Check out the back of the shirt, so neat.


Fancy collar with lace ruffle edging.

Sewing
I'm not sure if my sewing skills is up to par for this project but I want one real bad. I'm going to take the plunge and sew myself a preppy white shirt. I found a pattern (4122) and bought some white eyelet cotton fabric yesterday. Wish me luck.

Knitting
I bet you didn't notice I added a new project to the side bar. Did you? Yup, last night I cast on Picovoli designed by talented grumperina. More photos and updates very soon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous caitlyn said...

Cute top, Vanessa! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

May 04, 2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Good luck with the shirt. I think it'll look great!

May 04, 2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Ooh, I love the first one!
Now I'll be stalking the shops here to find something like those ;D (hopefully it won't be 90 bucks)

May 05, 2006 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Try ebay! I've been having great luck with anthro stuff on ebay for a reasonable price... those shirts are adorable!

May 06, 2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger Term Papers said...

This is a fantastic, It is glad to see this blog, nice informative blog, Thanks for share this article.

College Term papers

March 12, 2010 3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home