<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0756520969\46blogName\75Coloursknits\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/\46vt\0756875636607427448577', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=11913980&amp;blogName=Coloursknits+Gallery&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=TAN&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2Fsearch&amp;blogLocale=en_US&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="30px" width="100%" id="navbar-iframe" allowtransparency="true" title="Blogger Navigation and Search"></iframe> <div></div>

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Strike Two

Before the weekend, I had planned on taking some pretty outdoor pictures with my finished cable sweater. I had even thought about may be I can find a wooden bench at the park. Where I can capture those beautiful fall foliage and trees. Unfortunately when I got up this morning, it started to drizzle and the rain continued for the rest of the afternoon. So I decided to stay home, do my regular house chores and work on the poma sock. At about 3pm, I noticed the sun starting to peek through, I put on my jeans, grab the camera, sholve the sweater in the bag and dash to the balcony.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Two weeks ago, I vowed to myself that I can't cast on anything new until I take atleast one item off the wip list. My determination finally pays off. With that said, I have two FOs to show you this time. First off, is the long over due cable sweater started back in March. Second, a simple yet complicated project that took me forever to finish -- buttercup aka troublecup. A short sleeve cropped bolero/shrug that I may not get to wear till next spring or summer.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pattern : Bergere de France
Yarn : 10 Balls of Knitpicks Wool of Andes in Snickerdoodle
Needle : 4mm & 4.5mm addi circular
Cost for this project: $35


Notes about this project...
I was very skeptical about this KP yarn. Wasn't sure how it'll turn out with the cables. But surprisingly, it came out rather light after a couple days of heavy blocking. I'll definitely give this yarn another try in the future. The pattern was pretty easy except for the construction of collar.

Modifications...
No mods, but if you pay attention closely, you may noticed there 's a little screw-up on the sweater. It was way too late to salvage by the time I realized the mistake, so I decided to just let it go.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pattern : Buttercup from Kim Hargreaves
Yarn : 4.5balls of Rowan 4ply cotton in Bloom
Needle : 1mm, 2mm & 21/4mm addi circular
Cost for this project: $30

Notes about this project...
This little project was an enjoyable knit untill you reach certain part of the pattern. I know some of you probably heard me complain about it numerous time. So I'm not going to while about it. Inconclusion, all I can say is, be patience and pay close attention to the number of sticthes you have on your needle.

Modifications...
No mods to the pattern. The one thing that bumped me out is the long "&%#" tie-on that I can't seems to get done. So, I decided to just knit till a desire length and then seam it on the bodice without any closure. I know it looks kind of unfinished at this point. However, I think I'm just going to leave it as it until I decide something. There are two buttons left from the sleeve. May be I can sew it to the front band, so that I can have it button up if I want to.

56 Comments:

Blogger Olgajazzy said...

Vanessa,
Brava!
I should say it is really exciting and not feeling that guilty about another dozen projects sitting and waiting their turn.
The Sweater is so great and so perfect for the season/weather..so appropriate I should say..
And the trouble-cup is still very cute without closing buttons, so bolero accessorie!
Keep it up, it's so great to see more FO of your, they are inspiring!

November 11, 2006 9:15 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Wow, the completed sweater is gorgeous!

November 11, 2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Two great FOs that look great on you! I feel so unaccomplished all of a sudden. ;)
It's good to know the KP yarn does the job. I like having inexpensive options for my nonexistent big projects.

November 11, 2006 11:11 PM  
Anonymous tiennie said...

So beautiful on you! The cables are gorgeous. Great knits!!

November 11, 2006 11:47 PM  
Anonymous jen said...

Wow those are both lovely projects! The cables look super in that yarn, and it looks like a lovely autumn jacket. Also Buttercup is dead cute, it doesn't look unfinished, and the colour is v v pretty. Ace knits!

November 12, 2006 12:19 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

the cabled sweater is fabulous! I love the big collar. Buttercup is so pretty too!

November 12, 2006 12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The jacket is LOVELY, knitted so accurately!!! Have to day that it was worth waiting so long to take pictures as they do compliment the knits. The buttercup is also nice, I love Kim’s models.

November 12, 2006 2:12 AM  
Blogger jacqueline said...

both of your finished projects are just gorgeous. and i don't mind buttercup as is...but sewing the buttons on would be cute too.

would you believe i am just about to recast on for mine.

November 12, 2006 2:45 AM  
Anonymous Annie said...

Both projects are great! I'm new to your blog, so it's fun to see your FO's!

November 12, 2006 4:07 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Both are gorgeous! Love the cables.

November 12, 2006 5:25 AM  
Anonymous Cara said...

The cables are fantastic! Both are wonderful. Congratulations on two great knits!

November 12, 2006 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

Wow! Those are two beautiful FOs. It's got to feel good crossing two projects off the WIP list. Does this mean you can start two new projects?:)

November 12, 2006 6:34 AM  
Anonymous jessica said...

The Bergere de France sweater looks wonderful! You didi a terrific job with it.

November 12, 2006 8:07 AM  
Anonymous caro said...

The cabled sweater is gorgeous! Well done!

November 12, 2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Mozilla said...

Wow Vanessa, that Cabled Sweater is gorgeous. You say it is simple but looks like a lot of love and cabling went into that. Great Job. Also love the pictures you took, really accentuates to the knits when the pictures are so good.

Congrats

November 12, 2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger brooklyn tweed said...

Vanessa I loove the cables!
And its gotta feel great to get two big looming projects out of the way. I'm looking forward to whats up next!

November 12, 2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger tweezer said...

i love that cabled sweater. looks perfect for the season. good job!

November 12, 2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger salamander said...

Gorgeous work, as always. This was my first time seeing either of these projects finished and now I want to knit both of them!

It's a shame the buttercup pattern was such a hassle, because the end product is beautiful.

November 12, 2006 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Van, both sweaters look awesome! The cable one is perfect for fall too! And finally.. no more troublecup worries for you either!

November 12, 2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

the cable sweater is simply breathtaking. you finished it just in time for cable cardigan season. and i don't recall the buttercup drama, but it appears worth it to me. adorable!

November 12, 2006 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Siow Chin said...

Beautiful works! Two different styles yet both look so awesome. I must admit, I love your troublecup a lot! How I wish KH kits are not so expensive...

November 12, 2006 5:51 PM  
Anonymous Liz said...

i won't even look for a mistake on that cardigan... it is So beautiful, they both are, but that ccable cardigan with the big collar, is wonderful...

November 12, 2006 6:31 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Love them both!

November 12, 2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Vanessa, the cabled cardi turned out perfect, I cannot see any mistakes. I will refer to your photo when I do the collar. In the meantime, I'm trying to seam the shoulders but the stitches don't align perfectly. The buttercup is cute!

November 12, 2006 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Cyndi said...

I love your cabled cardi! It is gorgeous.

November 12, 2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger luckydogknits said...

Love the sweater Fabulous job do you have a pattern name/number book number? thanks

November 12, 2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

Great work! 2 FOs. You knit so fast! Loved that sweater, it looks so comfy!

November 12, 2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger joujouka said...

Wow!! Both projects are gorgeous!Great job, as always.

November 12, 2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Both of your FO are gorgeous. I especially love the Buttercup, the colour is really pretty.

November 12, 2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger Lois said...

Graet to see that my translation efforts has been put to good use. I shall attempt this very soon.

Buttercup looks good too!

November 12, 2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I always amaze with your FOs. I specially love your cabled sweater.

November 13, 2006 1:46 AM  
Blogger pinar said...

the cabled pattern came out awesome.. very beautiful.. enjoy..

November 13, 2006 4:19 AM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Beautiful work!

November 13, 2006 5:15 AM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Aw!! You finally finished them. They both look great!

November 13, 2006 6:04 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

That cabled sweater is simply beautiful! The color is almost exactly what I am knitting with now, and I love it! Was there a specific Bergere de France book it came out of (and is it only in French?) - I really love it!!!!

November 13, 2006 7:20 AM  
Anonymous nova said...

Your cabled sweater is fabulous! I love it!! It makes me want to knit cables!

November 13, 2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger Risa said...

They both look great! And perfect timing with the cable sweater, since it's raining again...

November 13, 2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger Krawuggl said...

Both are beautiful! I especially love the cabled cardigan, the collar is gorgeous. And if you hadn´t mentioned I wouldn´t miss the closure strings of buttercup, I think some buttons will be perfect also.
I am reading your blog now for some weeks and did I said before how much I like and enjoy your blog?

November 13, 2006 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Jen said...

Both of these are beautiful! I think the cables look great in the KP. Your balcony is a pretty fantastic looking photo shoot setting too!

November 13, 2006 9:09 AM  
Anonymous cookie said...

Beautiful! I especially like the Bergere de France pattern. It looks so comfy! The collar is a great detail.

November 13, 2006 3:02 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

The Bergere cardi turn out to be so pretty. I can't see any mistakes, so it's a perfect cardi and I love the design of the collar.
Buttercup is lovely as well, it will look nice with two buttons in the front.

November 13, 2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger handknit168 said...

The cable jacket is pretty and looks nice on you. I always want to knit one for myself but no time to start. It is very surprised only ten balls of yarn is used. In my mind, knitting cable will eat up a lot of yarn.

November 13, 2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Both are gorgeous. Great job!

November 14, 2006 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the cabled sweater! very cool.

drew
http://colorguardblog.blogs.com/knitblog/

November 14, 2006 7:26 AM  
Blogger Areli said...

Oh, Wow, both of your projects turned out so beautiful. The cabled cardigan is just gorgeous!

November 14, 2006 2:12 PM  
Anonymous Joan said...

I absolutely looove that first sweater and want my own! Where can I buy the pattern--was it in french?

Joan
pinkyswore@gmail.com

November 14, 2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger Anushka said...

Both sweaters are really gorgeous - as is your photography. You've inspired me to knit something new. :)

November 15, 2006 4:28 AM  
Blogger wakana said...

beautiful job! the cable cardi looks gorgeous, and i can't believe it's made out of wool of the andes... and it's not too heavy with all those complicated cables...and buttercup is so cute on you! congrats!

November 15, 2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger firefly said...

Beautiful finished objects, and I love the aesthetics of your site. Very scrumptious colors and photography.

So happy I happened to find you today.

Best wishes,
firefly

November 15, 2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger bluey said...

i love the cables sweaters. It fits you so well.

November 15, 2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Love the cables too, especially the collar. Though it was the hard part, I'd say it definitely paid off, looks great!

November 16, 2006 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweaters are absolutely lucky. I envy you your skill & speed in executing these lovely projects.

November 16, 2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Vanessa, the cabled cardi is truly beautiful. I love the neutral color, and the cables are so crisp. That is a perfect wardrobe piece for this season! Enjoy it!!

Love the Hargreaves pattern too - is it from one of her books or a Rowan? I have these stray balls of 4ply that may be great for something like that... ;)

November 20, 2006 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Nora said...

Vanessa, it's exquisite!

November 20, 2006 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Isabelle said...

Oh! I love buttercup! :-)

November 22, 2006 9:27 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

That cabled sweater looks so cosy! It also looks like the finishing is impeccable. Beautiful!

November 29, 2006 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home