<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0756520969\46blogName\75Coloursknits\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/\46vt\0756875636607427448577', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=11913980&amp;blogName=Coloursknits+Gallery&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=TAN&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2Fsearch&amp;blogLocale=en_US&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="30px" width="100%" id="navbar-iframe" allowtransparency="true" title="Blogger Navigation and Search"></iframe> <div></div>

Friday, February 02, 2007

And the winner is...

turquoise

Are you getting a little antsy wanting to find out who's the lucky winner? If you're. I'm sorry to make you wait. I had planned to draw a name on Wednesday night but got caught up fixing that grey sweater. Both set in sleeve caps turned out a little too big. So I stayed up all night trying to figure out if I screwed up or mis-read the pattern. Anyways, enough said, lets get back to serious business. I'll tell you more about it next time. Curious how many names I received? 178 total. It took me several hours and a couple of beers to finish writting all the names down. Luckily I got help. (But mind you, I was pretty sober when I picked out the name.) Ready? Here we go...

Drumroll please!......A big, huge congratulations goes out to the luckiest lady - Jennifer aka Mama Urchin. Hi, Jennifer, if you're reading this, please email me your address so that I can mail out the goodies. On top of the yarn you picked out, there's also a little sweet surprise waiting for you. Alrighty! I guess, that’s the end of the gift away contest. It has been fun. Thanks to everyone who has participated and take time to leave comments. Don't be disapointed if you didn't win, there's always next year. Join me at "NWAKG" (Never- Win-Anything-Knitters-Group).

grey sweater

Here's a sneak peek of the almost finished cabled collar sweater. Just some odds and ends to weave in. I'm getting there. Have a great weekend!

21 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Morgana said...

Hi, Vanessa. Lovely contest. It was really funny to take part.
Congratulations for the winner.
Ah, yes. I am one of those who never wins anything. This is just a confirmation but I am already looking forward to next year's. Cheers.

February 02, 2007 4:11 PM  
Blogger Venus said...

Your cabled collar sweater is gorgeous! You sure run a fun giveaway contest. Can't wait for next year's!

February 02, 2007 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Suz said...

Fun, fun, contest....loved the cable neckline on your gray sweater. so fun reading your blog..beautiful knits....

February 02, 2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger Mama Urchin said...

Wow wow wow. Thank you so much. I cant believe it.

February 02, 2007 4:45 PM  
Anonymous brooke said...

Beautiful sweater-can't wait to see more.

February 02, 2007 4:47 PM  
Anonymous Mei said...

OHBAH! I'm jealous now! :(

February 02, 2007 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Jacqui said...

Your contest was fun- Very fun! [...and Cool! :-)] I hate going back to find where I goofed- such an agony. But your sweater is lovely. Mind telling us what camera you use for blog photos? And please, keep us updated on your Phildar Swing Jacket.

February 02, 2007 5:59 PM  
Blogger jacqueline said...

that sweater looks great! i can't wait to see you model it.

btw - i'm sure i am one of the founding members of the NWAKG

February 02, 2007 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Francesca said...

The sweater looks beautiful. Not that I advocate all nighters for knitters, but judging from the photo, it was worth it. :)

February 02, 2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger knottyknitpicks said...

that was afun contest - didn't require so many rules :) congrats to teh winner!

the sweater is coming along nicely. can't wait to see the finished product on you!

February 02, 2007 8:43 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Beautiful sweater. Are you going to block it? Sorry about the sleeve trouble. I love the look of set in sleeves, but hate making them. They're always so fiddly. I much prefer the precision of a raglan with its one to one stitch correspondence.

And I like the picture of the wrapped present too. Your blog is always great eye candy. Keep up the great work! :)

February 02, 2007 10:33 PM  
Blogger handknit168 said...

Oh, I miss the draw this year and I will test my luck next year. You are so generous.

February 02, 2007 11:48 PM  
Blogger yuvee said...

lol, sign me up for the NWAKG!

February 03, 2007 1:38 AM  
Blogger Janette said...

Congratulations to Mama Urchin and thanks Vanessa for a fun contest!

February 03, 2007 1:49 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

The cabled collar sweater is very nice. Is that child or adult sized?

February 03, 2007 5:23 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Darn, I was so sure I would win!! It was my birthday the other day, you know?! :P

The sweater...OMG, the sweater. I cannot wait to see that beauty.

February 03, 2007 1:20 PM  
Blogger vera said...

ah well, better luck next time. there's always next year :0) thanks for sharing some of your stash with us, it was a lovely thought.
love the cabled sweater. it is a beautiful colour. x

February 03, 2007 5:44 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Ohh ohh! So close!

Congrats to the winner ;)

February 03, 2007 8:26 PM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

haha so much excitement here :) That sweater looks finished to me! Quick! I wanna see a modeled shot! :D

February 04, 2007 5:57 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

The sweater looks beautiful! I can't wait to see the details.

February 04, 2007 5:59 AM  
Blogger kathryn said...

Thank you for the contest Vanessa - it was fun.

Congratulations to Jennifer

February 04, 2007 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home