<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0756520969\46blogName\75Coloursknits\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/\46vt\0756875636607427448577', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=11913980&amp;blogName=Coloursknits+Gallery&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=TAN&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2Fsearch&amp;blogLocale=en_US&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="30px" width="100%" id="navbar-iframe" allowtransparency="true" title="Blogger Navigation and Search"></iframe> <div></div>

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Drowning in cables

pringle cable sweater_03

Someone is having sleepless nights again because of this. I want one in cream and may be a buttoned up type of cardi. Check out this amazing sweater made by a very talented lady. And also this one...sign! I need another pair of hands. By the way, thank you so much for all your generous comments on the grey sweater. It has been worn twice and I think my love to the sweater began to grow.

17 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Have you seen Patons new cable patterns?

http://www.patonsyarns.com/patternbook.php?PBS=500846

Scroll down to the bottom to see the cabled yoke pullover...its a must knit too.

My friend has gone on a all out search for this and finally found it on ebay.

February 07, 2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

OOhhhh, it's really a gem. I've been admiring similar styles as well these days.

February 07, 2007 2:41 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Someone is OBSESSED and I can see why! That thing makes me wanna hug that model.

February 07, 2007 3:43 PM  
Blogger mle said...

I love those!! yummy cables!

February 07, 2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger mishi2x said...

I can't believe my eyes. I've had that same ad on my corkboard waiting for me to get good enough to figure out a pattern for it! I love it - have you seen their runway show pics? I was trying to figure out if it was a grey, and I think it was actually a camel-y color.

February 07, 2007 4:41 PM  
Blogger wakana said...

I have seen this sweater a couple times last fall and totally fell in love with this! I wanted to find the pattern so bad... one of my friends knitted this as well and this was a cardigan:
http://amimono.g.hatena.ne.jp/tociko/20061018
i may try to make it as well...

February 07, 2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger jacqueline said...

i'm also having sleepless nights because of this sweater. i really want one...but i don't think our winters even get cold enough to justify it!

must have pringle sweater....must have

February 07, 2007 5:53 PM  
Blogger Little Sesame said...

...drooling over those yummy cables too... and I just love your beautiful grey sweater! Excellent taste and very nice work!

February 07, 2007 9:06 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Count me in your "sleepless night" group

February 08, 2007 10:47 AM  
Blogger Cafe Knitter said...

Now you are making me sleepless...

February 08, 2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger knottyknitpicks said...

thanks for that post! i love the cardigan you linked. I thought it was looking cute without the sleeves added, and lo and behold, the pattern writter ended up leaving it as cap sleeves. i love it!! i want to make one now for myself.

February 08, 2007 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Dipsy said...

Oh my gosh. This is absolutely and totally gorgeous - must be one of the most beautiful designs I've seen for long! I'm in in the "sleepless group" too ;)

February 08, 2007 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

All of those sweaters are beautiful! No wonder you are having problems sleeping, dreaming up new projects to replace sleep!

February 10, 2007 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Christine. This is so bad. I hve never chat online (hope I post this message correctly). But I LUV this sweater. And you gotta go to this link and check out Pringle Creative Director Clare Waight Keller's description of this season's designs.
http://www.vogue.co.uk/promotions/pringle/video/
At 3:08 minute, she pull out THIS ONE. It is made with 10 ply cashmere and apparently takes an experienced old lady in Scotland a week to make. It is so fluid on the hanger and see how it is gathered under the cable wheel to make the baby doll shape? So fab!!! Can someone figure out the pattern? I am not good enough to make my own pattern but if there is instructions I can knit! SOS!

February 20, 2007 10:00 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Hi Christine,
yeah, I'm actually searching for yarn to make this sweater. I have figure out whether I want to do a pullover or a button up cardi. Can you please send me your email add? I can't repond to you comment since you didn't leave any contact info.

February 21, 2007 12:50 PM  
Blogger Lori in Michigan said...

Luv'in the Paton's book, but can anyone locate some where to buy the durn thing?

February 26, 2007 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Fi said...

Oh my God, that is a veritable cable orgy! I love it!

March 02, 2007 1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home