<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0756520969\46blogName\75Coloursknits\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://coloursknits.blogspot.com/\46vt\0756875636607427448577', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=11913980&amp;blogName=Coloursknits+Gallery&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=TAN&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2Fsearch&amp;blogLocale=en_US&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloursknitsgallery.blogspot.com%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="30px" width="100%" id="navbar-iframe" allowtransparency="true" title="Blogger Navigation and Search"></iframe> <div></div>

Saturday, March 10, 2007

It's getting closer

cable collar for juno

This year is sure going by fast. I can't believe today is already the second week of March. I love the month of March. Simply because it marks the beginning of spring and also the month which DH and I are born. Did I tell ever mention our birthday is just a day apart? Pretty cool huh. He has been asking me for weeks what I want. Well aside from yarn and more yarn, I don't really have a clue. Anyways, I was hoping to finish that sweater for my birthday but looks like it's not going to happen. I've only managed to finish about a pattern repeat over the week. Oh well! may be I still can make the deadline if I knit all day tomorrow, wash, block, sew on buttons and finish seaming by tuesday. Now, don't start saying Happy Birthday yet! My birthday really isn't til next week. Hope you have a great weekend. Don't forget to change your clock (spring forward) before you go to bed tonight. I'll leave you with a knit kit (an early birthday present I gave myself) ordered from habu at stitches -- habu linen paper and silk short sleeve jacket.

linen paper and silk

15 Comments:

Anonymous tiennie said...

Wow! Those pics are so pretty. Love the cabling you're doing too.

March 10, 2007 9:40 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

lovely projects, gorgeous yarns. I thought the top picture was a scarf! Looking forward to seeing the Rowan jacket finished, it's so beautiful.

March 11, 2007 3:59 AM  
Blogger Mama Urchin said...

Everything is gorgeous - the knitting, the yarn, the photographs.

March 11, 2007 5:22 AM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Wow, such an interesting jacket. I will be interested to see your progress!

March 11, 2007 6:57 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Scrumptious cables. Yum!
That's going to be one cool jacket.
It looks like you are already celebrating it already, so have a great pre-birthday couple of days and I promise I will wish you a happy one on the right day too.

March 11, 2007 7:09 AM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

happy pre-birthday to you vanessa! that habu is TDF. i've always wondered what that paper would be like to work with. now i will just live vicariously through you.

March 11, 2007 7:21 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

i hadn't seen that jacket yet -- it's so darling and daring.

March 11, 2007 7:26 AM  
Anonymous Elli said...

yay! a sure sign of spring is that we're seeing that lovely blue picnic table again! Looks lovely with the brown knitting against it...

March 11, 2007 3:34 PM  
Blogger yuvee said...

I had no idea you're knitting Juno! The habu jacket looks very interesting.
Miss talking to you ;)

March 11, 2007 5:09 PM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

I'm lovin the looks of those cables. Those Habu yarns, nice!

March 11, 2007 7:47 PM  
Anonymous heather said...

Your knitting is looking very beautiful, I must say! And your photos are wonderful!

Well, whatever day is your birthday I hope it's swell. That's really neato that you and your husband almost share the same special day! Mine was last week, and I'm feeling old now. ;)

Good luck finishing your sweater on time for your big day!

(I'm so jealous that you have blooming flowers there! It's so ugly and gray here.)

March 12, 2007 8:54 AM  
Blogger Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

you know what... my parents bd is a day apart as well, just like you and your hubby!
Well, happy birthday to you sometimes next week! =)

March 12, 2007 9:03 PM  
Blogger handknit168 said...

Happy birthday. I like the colour of the scarf. I think this colour is also good for a vest.

March 14, 2007 12:48 AM  
Anonymous Nora said...

I'd love this as a scarf!!

March 14, 2007 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Nora said...

I'd love this as a scarf!!

March 14, 2007 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home